[rt-users] RT Emails Being Blocked by Various Providers

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Fri Mar 6 15:43:25 EST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 15:40, Timothy Kolosky
<ausslander0999 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> We are not using our Exchange server with RT, it just uses a local SMTP
> server that goes to our corporate SMTP server and sends from there. I really
> don't understand the whole setup, nor am I familiar with SPF and PTR
> records. How are those set up, and on what system?
Then that's probably the problem. You're sending mail from something other
than the MX server for your domain. SPF and PTR are DNS recods.

SPF info at http://www.openspf.org/

PTR is for reverse mapping from IP to name. Yahoo stupidly requires this.

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.