[rt-users] RT 3.8 on Ubuntu Hardy

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Tue Mar 10 15:23:24 EDT 2009

Shawn Smith wrote:
> Also, Tom: Yes, binary attachments seem to be messed up.  I tried opening an
> Excel spreadsheet on our current, older instance of RT and it worked, but on
> my newer instance it did not.  I thought I went through the UPGRADING.mysql
> file when I originally migrated the database, but I will peruse it to see if
> there's anything that stands out.

Is it possible you did the: perl etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl db user
pass > sql.queries

but then didn't run the queries in sql.queries?  All that command does is
generate a batch of SQL commands to run; it doesn't run them for you.  You
then need to do:

mysql -u root -p rt3 < sql.queries

To actually run the SQL queries to upgrade your database.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/