[rt-users] Adding stuff to the RT wiki

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue Mar 10 15:55:21 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:49:29PM -0700, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> To all,
>

> 	I have some de-normalized views (for SQL reporting EXTERNAL to RT -
> Oracle) and a conversion program for converting Legacy ticket dat into
> RT that I want to add to the wiki. I'm not aquainted AT ALL with how to
> do this on the RT wiki. I went to "www.bestpractical.com/rt" and clicked
> the "wiki" option. Then I read the instructions to "UpdateTheWiki" and
> rapidly got confused (not very hard for me). I now crap about chanig a
> website or web page, etc. For example, the term "add
> CamelCaseNameOfNewPage to the text of the page and click save" means
> absolutely nothing to me. I have no idea what a CamelCaseNameOfNewPage
> refers to or how to get my information into whatever that could be.
> 	So, I need a little help here so I can get this info onto the RT wiki.
> The views are especially helpfor for those who want to include comments
> or ticket history in a SQL report.
> 	Anyway. If anyone is VERY patient and would like to help me out, please
> reply. Thanks.
>

> Kenn
> LBNL

It will create the new page but there can not be non-word characters.
For example, I used "PostgreSQLFullText" for my page on full-text
index support using PostgreSQL. Maybe something like
"DenormalizedViewsForReporting" would be appropriate for your new
page. Then you just start adding content. I used cut-n-paste.

Cheers,
Ken