[rt-users] recommended max_allowed_packet value (for attachments)

Oleg Sladkoff sladkofo at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Mar 18 04:37:39 EDT 2009

Hello

I am using Mysql 4.1 / RT 3.6.5.

on mysql , max_allowed_packet is set to 1048576 , which causes
attachements greater than 1M to fail (see in apache log):

Attachment insert failed - Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'
bytes (/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RT/Attachment_Overlay.pm:195)

I would like to know if there are any max_allowed_packet value
recommendation , because I would not like to have my database size
grow , and because I might then have performance problems...

so what value are you using / recommending for max_allowed_packet ?

--
Oleg Sladkoff
KELKOO - Service Architect
oleg.sladkoff at yahoo-inc.com