[rt-users] RT to support software development teams when using Agile / SCRUM approaches to planning work

Rüdiger Wolf rudiger.wolf at throughputfocus.com
Thu Mar 19 13:45:57 EDT 2009

Hi All

I was hoping to get some feedback from users who are using RT to support
software development teams when using SCRUM approaches to planning work.

We several project teams and keeping people allocated to project for
several months at a time.
We track work based on several tasks (child) related to single story
(Parent).
We also track impediments.
Use two week long iterations. At the end of iterations there are
sometimes several stories and tasks that need to be moved into the next
iteration. Stories (and related tasks) need to be moved from a backlog
queue to the current iteration.

I would like a project team members to look at stories (sorted by
priority) and related tasks for the current iteration and take ownership
of tasks.
Team would like to quickly answer/update tasks in order to provide
answers for stand-up questions. What did you do yesterday? what are you
doing today?

I would like to be able to report on story, task and impediment
life-cycles for project and iterations.
I see that there is talk of a REST style interface so I assume that one
could write script to extract issue data quite quickly.
I could then create burn down charts etc. as required from the extracted
data.

One feature I REALLY like in our current system is the ability to export
stories/tasks/impediments to excel.
Update values in excel.
Next one uploads stories/tasks/impediments back into the tracker via web
interface.
I see that there is a possibility of creating and updating in bulk via
the web interface.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards
Rudi Wolf