[rt-users] RT stop sending emails

Swart, Tom TSwart at christa.com
Fri Mar 27 07:59:16 EDT 2009

I am able to send an email by using msmtp from the command line and I
can telnet into my smtp relay on port 25. I think it is a problem
between RT and msmtp. Here are some details of my configuration.

The full path for the msmtp.conf file is
/etc/request-tracker3.6/msmtp.conf and which msmtp returned
/usr/bin/msmtp.

Here is the contents of the msmtp script.

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/msmtp -t -C /etc/request-tracker3.6/msmtp.conf
/usr/bin/logger -t RTmailer -p syslog.info -- CALL /usr/bin/msmtp -nt
"$@" RETURNED $?

Here is the SendmailPath line in the SiteConfig file:
Set ($SendmailPath, "/etc/request-tracker3.6/msmtp");

Apache has been restart after editing SiteConfig.