[rt-users] rt shredder slow

Brumm, Torsten / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham MI-ID torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Mon May 11 06:26:15 EDT 2009

>From RFC 2616:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.2

The HTTP protocol does not place any a priori limit on the length of a URI.
Servers MUST be able to handle the URI of any resource they serve, and
SHOULD be able to handle URIs of unbounded length if they provide GET-based
forms that could generate such URIs. A server SHOULD return 414 (Request-URI
Too Long) status if a URI is longer than the server can handle (see section
10.4.15).

      Note: Servers ought to be cautious about depending on URI lengths
      above 255 bytes, because some older client or proxy
      implementations might not properly support these lengths.

Try the cli based shredder, its much faster!

Kuehne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschaeftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Uwe Bielang (Stellv.), Bruno Mang, Dirk Blesius (Stellv.), Alfred Manke, Christian Marnetté (Stellv.),  Mark Reinhardt (Stellv.), Jens Wollesen, Rainer Wunn, Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persoenlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kuehne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschaeftsfuehrender Verwaltungsrat: Klaus-Michael Kuehne