[rt-users] New to RT and need help with RT_SiteConfig.PM

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Mon May 11 20:14:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009 20:09:25 -0400, "Eric Chatham"
<echatham at broadvox.net> said:
> Anyhow, I get the gist how to modify the file.  I'm just wondering if
> someone could provide me with some examples?  That would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks, once again. :)

Set($rtname, 'Your Name Here');
Set($Organization, 'Your Organization Here');
Set($CorrespondAddress , 'address at your.domain');
Set($CommentAddress , 'address-comment at your.domain');
Set($Timezone , 'US/Pacific'); # obviously choose what suits you
Set($DatabaseType, 'mysql'); # e.g. Pg or mysql
Set($DatabaseUser , 'dbuser');
Set($DatabasePassword , 'dbpass');
Set($DatabaseName , 'database');
Set($WebPath , "/rt");
Set($WebBaseURL , "http://www.your.domain");

Fill in as appropriate.  It's fairly straightforward.  Again,
RT_Config.pm is quite well documented (perldoc RT_Config.pm and you'll
see all the options).