[rt-users] Notifications to AdminCc's

Jamie Penman-Smithson jpenman.smithson at gmail.com
Tue May 12 07:13:02 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently implementing RT in our department at work and I
currently have the sysadmin team as AdminCc's for all relevant queues.
However, some members of the team do not want to be notified of
correspondence or comments for tickets which they do not own - but
still want notifications about new (unowned) tickets.

So I changed the default 'On Correspondence Notify AdminCcs' and 'On
Comment Notify AdminCcs' scripts to disable them. Unfortunately, this
means that if in future we want to have a ticket co-owned by two
people we can do that, however they won't receive any notifications
via email.

I realise that this is probably a strange edge case, part of the
reason for emailing the list was primarily to get some advice on
whether anyone had come across this issue before and how they solved
it in a sensible way.

Thanks,

--
-Jamie L. Penman-Smithson <jpenman.smithson at gmail.com>