[rt-users] Can Simple.html search Email OR Content (not AND) ?

allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Thu May 21 14:41:50 EDT 2009

> This known issue that if email is not in the db then result would be
> empty even if condition is ORed with another, but believe me correct
> query will kick breath out of your DB server.

Are you saying that this "known issue" is a bug or is it intentional?

I know that with a ton of tickets, this kind of "search everything" is
not practical. But this will be a new RT deployment and I need to ease
the support staff (and the boss) into getting used to this new system.
Eventually I know they will find the QueryBuilder screen to be very
precise and great, but right now everything is new and different and
that screen scares them. They think it's too complicated.

That's why I'd like to get the "WHERE EmailAddress like '%foo%' OR
'Content like '%foo%' OR'd together instead of having the EmailAddress
separated from the rest of the query by an "AND."

Thanks,

A.