[rt-users] Simple Search functionality

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Wed May 27 15:12:49 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 13:48, Jeff Lucas <jlucas at eagleinvsys.com> wrote:
> I am running 3.8.2 which is installed under /apps/rt-3.8.2.
>
> According to
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/SimpleSearchIncludeResolved, I
> created...
>
> # cat
> /apps/rt-3.8.2/local/html/Callbacks/stuff/Search/Simple.html/ModifyQuery
>
> <%init>
> #active is the default: open new stalled
> $$query =~ s/\bany\b/new open resolved stalled rejected deleted/i;
> #$$query =~ s/\bclosed\b/resolved rejected deleted/i;
> </%init>
>
> <%args>
> $query => undef
> </%args>
>

> Tested it but it did not work.  Restarted httpd and still not working.
Are you sure it didn't work? What this customization does is add the
keyword any.
So that searching for "quux" finds active tickets LIKE quux and "quux any" finds
any ticket LIKE quux, regardless of status. This is a more powerful and targeted
solution than reverting to an "always return all states," but you can do that by
appending the list of desired states to $$query, rather than doing the replace.