[rt-users] Ticket will not accept comments or replys

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Fri May 29 02:33:34 EDT 2009

John Arends wrote:
> I did some poking around in the database and couldn't find anything
> obvious, but what you suggest is my theory. It's probably something in
> the Attachments table since there isn't a whole lot of data stored in
> the Transactions table as best as I can tell.
>
> I looked at the HTML of the page (view source in FireFox) and nothing
> jumps out at me as incorrectly rendered. The page is not cut off halfway
> or anything. The footer, and other parts of the page are rendered fine.
> It just loses the ability to display any new transactions.

Another long shot. Is the ticket part of a merged ticket or do you merge
tickets on a regular basis?

We have an RT instance which has been upgraded multiple times starting
from 2.x and we don't merge tickets that often (~20 total). About 4
months back we had two tickets which wouldn't display history beyond a
certain point BUT if you displayed history newest to oldest instead of
oldest to newest you could see beyond that point but lost the older
transactions. The only thing I could find was that there was quite a bit
of logging about a merged ticket. I just 'unmerged' the tickets and if I
remember correctly I could show the whole history of this ticket.

Hope this helps you with your problem.

Regards,

Joop