[rt-users] Upgrade from RT 3.8.4 to 3.8.6 Required Newer Mod_Perl 1.x under Apache 1.3.41

Foggi, Nicola NFOGGI at depaul.edu
Thu Nov 5 23:52:29 EST 2009

Just in case anyone else runs into this, not sure if it was supposed to be this way or not, but after upgrading to RT 3.8.6 from 3.8.4 we were getting an:

[error] Can't call method "get" on an undefined value at <perl-home-dir>/5.8.6/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 563.\nCompilation failed in require at <rt-home-dir>/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line 140.\n

in the apache error logs.  We were running Apache 1.3.41 with mod_perl 1.29.. after thinking it was a perl module problem, and making sure i had all the latest of those, still the same problem.  Finally, i upgraded to mod_perl 1.31 and everything is running smoothly.

I didn't see this mentioned anywere, maybe i missed it, but i thought i'd pass it along in case anyone else runs into it and searches for the error...