[rt-users] Upgraded to rt-3.8.5 and kill stopped working

Sean Sullivan sean.sullivan at harmonixmusic.com
Mon Nov 9 11:13:13 EST 2009

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>>> So, this is an RT extension. Which version of it are you using and where
>>> did it come from? We certainly shouldn't be breaking our API in the
>>> middle of a stable series, so I want to make sure it gets sorted out.
>>> As an aside, 3.8.6 has been out for a week or so and has some fixes
>>> you likely want.
>>

>> Thanks for the response! I didn't realize this was a plugin. I inherited this install and as you know it was a fair bit dated so I was asked to upgrade it.
>>
>> As far as my version of HTML::Mason, there appear to be 2 versions, 1.36 and 1.42. If I do:
>>

> Ah, no. It was the "Kill" extension I was looking for the version of.
>
> find /opt/rt3/ -name \*Kill\*
>
> might be a start to tracking down the right files.  Note also that after
> an upgrade, you really need to clear /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/obj before
> starting apache, otherwise you might get a skewed set of compiled mason
> templates.

That's the thing, there isn't any Kill module. That was the first thing I searched for when I noticed the issue.

root at lechuck:~# find /opt/rt3/ -name \*Kill\*
root at lechuck:~# find /opt/rt3.bak/ -name \*Kill\*
root at lechuck:~# find /usr -name \*Kill\*

No results for any of these searches.

rt3.bak was our previous install where kill actually worked so if we ever had a module \*Kill\* it should still be in there at least. Unless of course it was in say /usr/lib/perl* and some other module ditched it when I updated it...

I did the cache clearing during the update process so that shouldn't be an issue.

-Sean