[rt-users] SMTP and Exchange 2007

Erickson, Jason ericksonj at Perry.K12.Mi.Us
Mon Nov 9 13:59:03 EST 2009

I am in the process integrating the helpdesk system with Exchange 2007. I can receive emails correctly and I have set up a smart host to work with another SMTP server that uses Plain Login. Now I need to configure it so it can authenticate with the Exchange server over ssl.  Do I need to do something extra on my helpdesk server? Currently I have not set it up for SSL since I am using our Exchange server to send and receive emails.

Jason Erickson