[rt-users] Question about changing the look and feel of RT

elsif jake at elsif.net
Mon Nov 16 11:59:32 EST 2009

RT 3.8.5 on FreeBSD-6.2 using Apache 2.2.6 using mason_handler.fcgi

I can not figure out how to change the color scheme of RT to be red
instead of blue.

I've Googled the hell out of the issue and have yet to come to a solution.

I've found and replaced:
/opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/css/web2/images/source/background-gradient.png

...with my own, which results in the top menu bar "RT at a glance" + "New
ticket in" toolbar is now red.

The rest of the page remains blue.

I've tried changing multiple color entries in multiple .css files, but
have yet to find the one that works.

My HTML source refers to:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/NoAuth/css/web2/main-squished.css" type="text/css" media="all" />

...but I have no main-squished.css anywhere.  I've tried changing settings
in /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/css/web2/main.css, but have yet to find the
right one.

The worst part about this is that I know I've found the answer to this
years ago in what was probably RT 3.0.x ro 3.1.x...and I know the answer
must be out there somewhere, but just can't find it...

If anyone can provide me guidance here, I would greatly appreciate it.

-Jake