[rt-users] RT Upgrade failing from 3.6.6 to 3.8.6

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Tue Nov 17 16:30:53 EST 2009

> Hi Tom,
>
> There is only one my.cnf and it doesn't contain those sections with that
> line.  From what I can determine mysql is set to listen to any address.
> When I forced a localhost connection, I was able to connect as both root
> and rt_user.
>
> -Josh

Huh.  So you did:

> mysql -h localhost -u rt_user -p

and you're sure there's no ~/.my.cnf (note leading dot, its a hidden file).

That is strange.  I'm not sure how the schema upgrade script makes its
connection to mysql, if its using the mysql client program then it
should work exactly the same.

   Tom Lahti, SCMDBA, LPIC-1
   BIT LLC
   (425)251-0833 x 117