[rt-users] ExternalAuth TLS to Active Directory LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR 1 on Bind

Foggi, Nicola NFOGGI at depaul.edu
Wed Nov 18 14:41:29 EST 2009

Hey Everyone,

So I got the ExternalAuth module working to Active Directory NON TLS enabled, however, when I set it to use TLS I get a:

LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR

returned on the bind.  I'm looking at ways to troubleshoot it, i have tls set to verify=>none so it shouldn't be a certificate problem, but i'm at a loss of other ways to troubleshoot/track down the problem.

A stand alone perl script that i wrote to test with that calls Net::LDAP and start_tls binds ok from the box, so that even made it more confusing.

Any thoughts?

Nicola