[rt-users] Slow queries building list of privileged users (Postgres)

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 20 11:27:58 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:16:08AM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> What indexes do you have on cachedgroupmembers?

    "cachedgroupmembers_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
    "cachedgroupmembers2" btree (memberid)
    "cachedgroupmembers3" btree (groupid)
    "disgroumem" btree (groupid, memberid, disabled)
    "memim" btree (memberid, immediateparentid)

> (Also, I presume your
> Postgres is reasonably well tuned,

I didn't prepare the configuration for this partcular Postgres
instance and I'm not a postgres expert, but yes, I believe it's
reasonably well tuned for the type of server. The postgresql.conf
is attached to another message in this thread.

> autovacuumed, etc)

Yup, I believe so. I also did a manual VACUUM ANALYZE before running
the tests.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team