[rt-users] Speeding up CLI RT::Shredder

Brumm, Torsten / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham MI-ID torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Fri Nov 27 04:30:48 EST 2009

Hi Max,
today i found some time to try out shredder under rt 3.8.6.

First thing i was supprised: Shredder is now part of RT and there are no indexes for on the new creaeted tables. (On 3.6.x with shredder from cpan this indexes have to created manually)

OK, after perldoc Shredder.pm i found this:

NOTES
   Database transactions support
       Since 0.03_01 RT::Shredder uses database transactions and should be much safer to run on production servers.

   Foreign keys
       Mainstream RT doesn't use FKs, but at least I posted DDL script that creates them in mysql DB, note that if you use FKs then this two valid keys don't allow delete Tickets because of bug
       in MySQL:

         ALTER TABLE Tickets ADD FOREIGN KEY (EffectiveId) REFERENCES Tickets(id);
         ALTER TABLE CachedGroupMembers ADD FOREIGN KEY (Via) REFERENCES CachedGroupMembers(id);

       <http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4042>

OK, i couldn't find the "posted DDL Scrip from Ruz" till now but i have done some tests again:

0. I created a new setup inside RT with rt-filler scrip (created 5000 Queues, 50.000 Users and 500.000 Tickets with simple content)

1. Delete Tickets with default Shredder (./rt-shredder --plugin 'Tickets=query,Status="new";limit,10"' --force)

real    1m10.415s
user    0m11.384s
sys     0m0.735s

2. Shredder without Logger Message (result after comment out the logger entry -> for me this is point to STDOUT)

real    1m7.595s
user    0m10.439s
sys     0m0.615s

3. Shredder after Adding Indexes (taken from Shredder.pm from RTx-Shredder / CPAN)

CREATE INDEX SHREDDER_CGM1 ON CachedGroupMembers(MemberId, GroupId, Disabled);
CREATE INDEX SHREDDER_CGM2 ON CachedGroupMembers(ImmediateParentId, MemberId);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX SHREDDER_GM1 ON GroupMembers(MemberId, GroupId);

CREATE INDEX SHREDDER_TXN1 ON Transactions(ReferenceType, OldReference);
CREATE INDEX SHREDDER_TXN2 ON Transactions(ReferenceType, NewReference);
CREATE INDEX SHREDDER_TXN3 ON Transactions(Type, OldValue);
CREATE INDEX SHREDDER_TXN4 ON Transactions(Type, NewValue);

real    0m48.338s
user    0m10.489s
sys     0m0.677s

OK, does anyone know where the the Scrip to create foreign keys is posted?

Torsten

Kuehne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschaeftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Dirk Blesius (Stellv.), Reiner Heiken (Stellv.), Bruno Mang, Alfred Manke, Christian Marnetté (Stellv.), Mark Reinhardt (Stellv.), Jens Wollesen, Rainer Wunn, Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persoenlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kuehne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschaeftsfuehrender Verwaltungsrat: Klaus-Michael Kuehne