[rt-users] Pruning email responses

Allen allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Mon Nov 30 14:34:47 EST 2009

There is a blog post about extending MakeClicky to go a Gmail-like
collapse/expand of things that look like inline quotes of previous
messages. It is here:

http://tylerlesmann.com/2008/nov/21/collapsible-quotes-request-tracker/

The thing that I didn't like about it is that it seemed to require
"top posting" in order to work,since everything after what looks like
the quote boundary becomes collapsed.

Even though you can control how your staff use RT (to trim out useless
quoted text), you can't really control your customers to do so. In my
organization, we changed the "On Correspond" scrip not to include the
transaction content, which forces the customer to login to the
SelfService Web UI in order to see what happened. There, the "Reply"
link that would normally quote a transaction has a local customization
not to do so. This way, we eliminated repetitive useless quoting.

Allen