[rt-users] CustomField with "Link values to" doesn't link correctly

Kai kai at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 1 05:36:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using RT 3.8.4, patched to 3.8.5 to see if that fixed it (since
that was CF related) on a debian system.

One of my coworkers wasn't able to click on a customfield that had a
"Link values to" setting, while I am. The main difference: He has the
right to SeeCustomField, and I have the SuperUser right.

He gets an empty
Me:
target="_new">512178</a>

Attached is a perlscript that immitate html/Elements/ShowCustomFields.
You need a ticket with a customfield containing 1 value with a Link
value To-setting, and a user thats permitted the necessary rights
(SeeQueue, ShowTicket, SeeCustomField).

Somewhere after the calls from a $customfield's value back to its
CustomFieldObj() it loses its permission for the 'SeeCustomField'
right. I'm stupified after looking at this code too long; I can't see
where or why it fails for this user.

Could someone assist me in solving this? I sincerely doubt it is a
missing right?
This user has: SeeQueue, SeeCustomField, ModifyCustomField,
AssignCustomField, ShowTicket, ShowTicketComments, CreateTicket,
ReplyToTicket, CommentOnTicket, OwnTicket, ModifyTicket, DeleteTicket,
TakeTicket, StealTicket.

My output: