[rt-users] question about searching for assets (using asset tracker)

Franzini, Gabriele [Nervianoms] Gabriele.Franzini at nervianoms.com
Thu Oct 1 12:03:49 EDT 2009

Hello Charlie,
You need to first select a Type, in order to get the Custom Field on the
query builder page .
HTH,

Gabriele Franzini
ICT Applications Manager
Nerviano Medical Sciences SRL
PO Box 11 - Viale Pasteur 10
20014 Nerviano Italy
tel +39 0331581477
fax +39 0331581456

--------------------
From: Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] question about searching for assets (using
	asset tracker plugin)
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:08:59AM -0400, charlie derr wrote:
> I feel I'm close to the solution, but hoping someone can help.
>
> We have the Asset Tracker plugin installed (and so far love both RT
> and Asset Tracker) but I'm trying to create a report (so far just
staying within the web interface).

> When I go to create a query (to look up assets) I can select the
> population (12 newly entered machines) and get output that includes
> Name, Description, Status and Type.  We have also created a custom
> field called "serial number" (without the quotes, but with the space).
I've tried clicking the "Advanced Query" link and guessed at __serial
number__, __SerialNumber__ and a couple other sensible choices, but all
I can get is an empty column in my search results so far.  Is there a
way to allow fields other
> than Name, Description, Status and Type to appear?  And if so, is it
just a matter of guessing correctly at the syntax?   If this
> can be done from the web interface, that'd make me most happy, but I'm
willing to listen to any suggestion for any solution.

I don't use AssetTracker, but in vanilla RT when building a search,
applicable Custom Fields will show up in the Display Columns box down at
the bottom of the page as CustomField.{foo} and you can just select it
and add it.