[rt-users] Web interface configuration question - moving RT off of root

Easyrider Inquiry Inquiry at Easyrider.com
Sun Oct 4 14:25:11 EDT 2009

RT 3.8.5 on RHEL4

I did read as much of the documentation as I could absorb.  I think I
know where my problem is, I just don't know the correct syntax to make
everything work as I want.  Lots of experimentation -- time to ask for
help.  New install and everything seems to be working just fine.

I have a web site on this server at /var/www/html that RT has taken
over.  I'll include pieces of httpd.conf and RT_SiteConfig.pm to show
how I'm currently configured.

http://myhost/helpdesk brings up RT just fine, as I want.
https://myhost/helpdesk serves up the "almost there BP" index page
http://myhost brings up RT, replacing my site web page
https://myhost brings up my site web page

What I'd like:

http://myhost/helpdesk = RT
https://myhost/helpdesk = RT
http://myhost = /var/www/html
https://myhost = /var/www/html

This is current accessible from the Internet via my DMZ for testing
purposes.

http://216.99.212.113/ = displays RT login, not my homepage
https://216.99.212.113/ = correctly displays my homepage

http://216.99.212.113/helpdesk/ works correctly
https://216.99.212.113/helpdesk/ gives BP "almost there" page

I set RT_SiteConfig.pm to use the old compat GUI but apache does
not seem to honor that all the time. Note that http://216.99.212.113/
and http://216.99.212.113/helpdesk do not display the same page :(

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

[root at security frankie]# grep Web /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
# {{{ Web interface configuration
Set($WebPath , "");
#Set($WebPath , "/helpdesk"); # Doing this didn't help
Set($WebPort , 80);# + ($< * 7274) % 32766 + ($< && 1024));
Set($WebBaseURL , "http://localhost:$WebPort");
#Set($WebBaseURL , "https://localhost:$WebPort"); # Doing this didn't help
Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/");

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

# RT Stuff

Alias /rt/ "/opt/rt3/share/html/"
Alias /rt "/opt/rt3/share/html/"
Alias /helpdesk/ "/opt/rt3/share/html/"
Alias /helpdesk "/opt/rt3/share/html/"

NameVirtualHost *:80  # Tried 443, no-go
  <VirtualHost *:80> # Ditto
    ServerAdmin Certified_Today at Easyrider.com
    ServerName backup.easyrider.com
    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    # Adding the following for RT (the ticket tracker)
    AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
    <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
      Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
      AllowOverride None
    </Directory>
    # Pass through requests to for noauth
    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
    ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
  </VirtualHost>

# End RT stuff