[rt-users] Web interface configuration question

Easyrider Inquiry Inquiry at Easyrider.com
Tue Oct 6 15:22:35 EDT 2009

I think this is now VERY close to working correctly.  Just a matter of
finding the right httpd.conf combination

The following works perfectly except that it runs out of the root. Shows
correct WebLogo. Requires RT_siteconfig.pm: $WebPath = ''";

What I want is to access RT via http//backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk

I'm guessing example 2 has just one missing or incorrect entry

# ----- START example 1 --------

<NameVirtualHost *:80
   <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName backup.easyrider.com
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
    ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
 </VirtualHost>
 # ------ END 1 -------

 The following immediately sends the browser to /var/www/html/index.html
as soon as you hit the login button:

WebLogo does not display on the login screen and the alt text displays
best practical which is no longer in RT_siteconfig.pm
Requires $WebPath = '/helpdesk';
I mention the logo problem only as a symptom that makes me suspicious
that there are problems loading RT_siteconfig.pm

 # ----- START example 2--------

 <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html">
   Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
 </Directory>

 <VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName backup.easyrider.com
   DocumentRoot /var/www/html

   ScriptAlias /helpdesk /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
   AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

   <Location /helpdesk>
     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
     SetHandler fastcgi-script