[rt-users] 3.8.4 looks different in IE7

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 7 11:53:21 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 04:48:40PM +0100, Justin Hayes wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> For me IE7 seems to render 3.8.4 differently to IE8, Safari and
> Firefox. It's missing all the nice round edges on the various buttons
> and panel headers etc, and generally doesn't look as nice.
>

> Is that expected, or is there something wrong with my install perhaps?

IE doesn't support the nice bit of CSS we use to round corners. (Neither
does Opera)

Adding corner rounding for IE without lots of hand-tooled images and
ugly html hacking caused an upsetting performance degradation in page
rendering speed.

So, it's expected and intentional. But not something I'm happy about.

Jesse