[rt-users] Ticket links missing after upgrade of RT server.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Fri Oct 9 11:44:44 EDT 2009

I am in the process of preparing a new upgraded RT server and after
dumping our current DB, loading it into the new test RT server and
following the DB upgrade procedures, everything seems to look okay,
except for missing ticket links.  When I try to display an old ticket
that should have a link to another ticket, no link is shown in the Link
box and I get this error message in my server logs:

Oct  9 11:32:03 rt01 RT: Resolver RT::URI::fsck_com_rt could not parse
fsck.com-rt://rt-racf.bnl.gov/ticket/14072
(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RT/URI.pm:147)

I even see in the transaction history the point where the link was made,
but the transaction message is also missing some info.  On the new RT
server this transaction message is displayed:

user - Reference by added

while on the old RT server, I see the correct info:

user - Reference by ticket #14072 added

I tried searching for help with this problem, but only found previous
cases of people having the same problem after an upgrade, but no
response to their queries.

I tested making links in the new RT server and that seems to be working
just fine.  There is just something wrong with the links in old tickets
before the DB upgrade.  Anyone know what could be wrong?

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |