[rt-users] httpd.conf configuration problem

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Mon Oct 12 01:19:36 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Easyrider Inquiry
<Inquiry at easyrider.com>wrote:

>  Oh Brother!  I've sacrificed a week out of what's left of my life over a
> trailing slash!?!?!?  Holy cow.  This is why I am not a programmer....
>
> I REALLY appreciate your patience and your willingness to stick with this
> to a final solution.  VERY much appreciated!  Now I need to do a good deed
> for someone to keep the chain going.
>
> So just for fun, what do I need to do to get /helpdesk to work without the
> trailing slash when someone complains about it and I've long since forgotten
> about last week's pain?
>
> Also, a tiny thing that I wouldn't even care about except that it's one of
> those things I'd rather fix while I am in there and everything is fresh in
> my mind.  There's still things in RT_siteconfig.pm that aren't being
> honored, such as LogoLinkURL.  If it's an easy fix I'd prefer to do it since
> I'm guessing there's still  something  in that pm file that isn't quite
> right.  My previous experience with RT is that it is bullet-proof once you
> get it up and running.  Once I get these few tiny things resolved I don't
> expect to have to  mess around with it again for a very long time.

That trailing slash has nothing to do with RT and is an Apache/FastCGI
deal.  I've never bothered with figuring out why it works that way.

You might be able to fix that with a redirect or editing the
Script/ScriptAlias lines. Google it.

--
James Moseley