[rt-users] httpd.conf configuration problem

Easyrider Inquiry Inquiry at Easyrider.com
Mon Oct 12 02:01:54 EDT 2009

James Moseley wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM, James Moseley
> <jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com <mailto:jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com>> wrote:
>

>     That trailing slash has nothing to do with RT and is an
>     Apache/FastCGI deal.  I've never bothered with figuring out why it
>     works that way.
>
>     You might be able to fix that with a redirect or editing the
>     Script/ScriptAlias lines. Google it.
>

> Doing a little research, the trailing slash is required due to how
> Apache rewrites URL's.  There are ways to manipulate that behavior.
> Mod_dir is one such method...
>
> --
> James Moseley

OK, thanks for the follow-up James.  Sounds like it's more work than
it's worth.  You used to be able to just set an Alias in httpd.conf for
/rt and /rt/ and everything worked great.  But of course that was many
revs back on RT.  I ran 3.0.1 for many, many years with zero problems
until the server finally dropped dead of old age.

Hey, this is mostly working just swell so I think I'll quit while I'm
finally ahead.  Many thanks again for all your help!