[rt-users] HTTPS - does it work - try again

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 14 09:09:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 07:06:03AM +0100, Kevin Bailey wrote:
>    support: support rt
>    # support: support kbailey nstone gpeter
>    rt: "|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action correspond --url
>    [1]http://cyclone.example.com/rt"
>
>    in the aliases file.
>
>    RT version is:
>
>    ii  request-tracker3.6            3.6.1-4
>
>    I'd like to use [2]https://cyclone.example.com/rt
>
>    for the web address as it's more secure.  Currently we haven't set up a certificate on that
>    address.

It isn't clear to me how you can have httpd enabled without a
certificate.

>    Does HTTPS work with RT?  I had set this up but it didn't seem to work properly.

I assume you're asking about https + rt-mailgate
Install Net::SSLeay and the perl library that rt-mailgate uses will be
able to connect to an https server.
If you add --debug to your rt-mailgate command, you may get useful
info about why it is failing for you

-kevin