[rt-users] Perl version

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Sep 16 09:11:25 EDT 2009

> Could you give any more information on this? I ask because we're
> supporting users running RT 3.6 in Debian stable with Perl 5.10.0,
> as well as RT 3.6 in Debian oldstable with Perl 5.8.8,
> and I'm curious as to what possible problems we might be in for
> (though we've seen none).
>
> Here at work we're also running RT 3.8 with perl 5.8.8 and haven't
> seen any problems.

He did ask about 'latest' versions ;)  Anything 5.8.3 or newer should
work just fine. 5.8.3-5.8.9 are all great.

5.10.0 shipped with...many bugs and inconsitencies. When last I looked,
debian's 5.10.0 is somewhat patched up for the worst of these. I
wouldn't worry about running RT on Debian 5.10.0. But if you're
sourcebuilding a new perl for RT, my recommendation would be to skip
vanilla 5.10.0.