[rt-users] {Disarmed} Re: RT and Subversion

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Wed Sep 16 16:26:37 EDT 2009

Ben wrote:
> thanks, Tom
>
> I used scmbug to hook subversion with RT, is there a way to complete
> task with scmbug?
>
> also Tom, does your way need a lot work to do?
>

> Regards,
>
> Ben

I don't know anything about scmbug so I can't provide any advice there.  My
subversion hooks are very custom.  In addition to integrating RT with
subversion, it also pulls binaries from subversion at commit (if the
"production approved" custom field is set) and injects them into our
production deployment control system.

Unfortunately my custom hooks are company proprietary and I don't have
permission to share them, but in essence they use "svnlook" to get information
about the subversion transaction and the "rt" command line to get and post
information to/from the ticket.  In the pre-commit hook there's just
conditional logic to do things like: make sure the ticket exists, make sure
its in the right queue, make sure the owner of the ticket is the person doing
the commit, etc.  The post-commit hook is used to record the commit log
message into the ticket, take a diff and attach it to the ticket, list the
files that were changed in the commit in a reply, record the revision number
committed into the ticket, etc.  Documentation galore :)

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/