[rt-users] Custom Global Scrip Not Firing

Andy Speagle andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Fri Sep 18 14:31:51 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 13:04 -0500, Lander, Scott wrote:
> I ran into this the other day, too.   The logs never showed my scrip
> firing (not even in debug), but, if I put a print in the definition, I
> could see my print statement in the logs....
>
> For me, it turned out to be an error in the template that my scrip was
> calling.   Fixed the template, and all was well.
> Try using a known good template for experimenting purposes?

Aye, I found that it was a simple error in my code.  I am normally able
to debug things using $RT::Logger ... and it finally dawned on me (I'm
kinda slow) that since I wasn't even getting that, that something must
have been syntactically wrong with my code... to the point that Perl was
laughing at me at a fundamental level.

Sure enough... about that... I was painfully correct.  I apologize for
the mailing list chatter.

Thanks!
--
Andy Speagle