[rt-users] New ticket does not get queue watcher

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 21 13:27:13 EDT 2009

Eric,

Let me claify a couple things for you:

1) A /*Queue*/ 'CC' Watcher is not the same as a 'CC' /*Ticket
*/watcher. Having "sward" as the /*Queue*/ 'CC' watcher will* NOT* get
him/her put onto all tickets in that queue as a /*Ticket*/ 'CC' watcher.
Also, you don't need that user in both anyway. Just get your
notifications set up correctly.
2) Emails do not go out automatically for Queue *OR* ticket watchers
unless you have a notification scrip for the desired condition.
3) If you create a notification scrip for the Queue 'CC' Watchers,
"sward" is going to get 2 emails exactly alike. This is because you have
him a a Queue watcher twice (individually AND in a group).
4) I recommend you remove either the group or "sward" as the Queue 'CC'
watcher.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL