[rt-users] Sessions Table is MyISAM - RT 3.8.4

Behzad Mahini mahini at apple.com
Mon Sep 21 22:15:09 EDT 2009

I have done a fresh installation of RT 3.8.4,  and have done no
modifications of any sort to the default installation.....and was
preparing to do my database backup (using mysqldump),and noticed the
only table that has a MyISAM engine is the 'Sessions' Table (the rest
are all InnoDB as expected).

My understanding is that all of these tables were to have been of the
InnoDB engine type (RT's transaction-based requirements/
recommendations).

1) Is this by design, or due to an unresolved bug?
2) If this is due to a bug, what is the remedy?
3) If this is by design, what steps need to be taken when it comes to
MySQL backup, as I will have a combination of InnoDB and MyISAM based
tables. Note: Per MySQL documentations, InnoDB tables need to be
backed up with '--single-transaction' flag of mysqldump, and MyISAM
tables need to be backed up with 'lock-tables'....and the two
mentioned flags are mutually exclusive (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html
).

My Environment:

RT 3.8.4
Mac OS X 10.5.8
MySQL 5.1.37
Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 configured

Thanks,
Behzad