[rt-users] Make non-staff users able to see all tickets (and not only theirs)

Rui Vitor Figueiras Meireles rui-f-meireles at telecom.pt
Thu Sep 24 07:52:59 EDT 2009

Ok. I was able to do what I wanted (make non-staff users able to see all tickets).
Here's what I did (Version RT 3.6.HEAD):

1 - First, I gave rights SeeQueue and ShowTicket to Everyone.

2 - Then I created a new file OtherRequests
cd ./rt3/html/SelfService/Elements/
cp MyRequests OtherRequests

3 - Here are the changes I made to OtherRequests

diff OtherRequests MyRequests
61c61
<     . join( ' OR ', map "$_.id != $id", @roles )
---
>     . join( ' OR ', map "$_.id = $id", @roles )
63d62
< $Query .= " AND ( Requestor.id != $id )";
80c79
< $title => loc("Other's [_1] tickets", $friendly_status)
---
> $title => loc("My [_1] tickets", $friendly_status)

4 - Then I added this in ./rt3/html/SelfService/index.html

<& /SelfService/Elements/OtherRequests,
             BaseURL => $RT::WebPath . "/SelfService/?",
             Page    => $Page &>

5 - And added this in ./rt3/html/SelfService/Closed.html

<& /SelfService/Elements/OtherRequests,
             status       => ['rejected', 'resolved'],
             friendly_status => loc('closed'),
             BaseURL         => $RT::WebPath . "/SelfService/Closed.html?",
             Page            => $Page &>

That's it! It's working! Hope it helps someone.