[rt-users] Unique CustomField

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Sep 25 10:58:33 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 04:54:22PM +0200, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 09:46:41AM -0400, Seth Lake wrote:
> > Would love a way to tag a custom field as requiring a unique, non
> > duplicate value (such as a serial number or UPC code).
> >
> > While I'm begging I would also love a way to for capitalization in a
> > field also (such as a serial number or software license key).
> >
> > Don't see any such mods on the wiki, anyone know if any of this has been
> > done before?
> >

> In RT > 3.6 (you would better run 3.8), you can define a rules for
> customfield using a regexp.
>
> So in your case, you can create an "Enter one value" CF with a
> validation regexp maching your code rules.

well I re-read your email, and I'm not sure I answered your question ;)

If you wan't that if a user enter a low-case text, save it as uppercase,
you have to modify RT code.

For the unique value, you wan't that if a value was entered for a
ticket, it cannot be used in another ticket? If so, you would have also
to add this check in RT source code ;)