[rt-users] Simple RT script makes Mysql Server go away

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Mon Sep 28 16:30:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 03:23:53PM -0400, Todd Chapman wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I am customizing RT to add an attribute to transactions that meet
>> certain criteria. The script below is meant to update all the existing
>> transactions but after a while the Mysal server goes away. Is there
>> anything obvious about the script causing this? Thanks!
>
> When one can make ones database server go away by issuing SQL
> commands.... What's the mysql server's error log say?

Number of processes running now: 0
090928 16:18:27  mysqld restarted

Not very helpful. RT doesn't seem to recognize when the server goes
away and I get a lot of these on STDERR:

[Mon Sep 28 20:27:01 2009] [crit]: HasRight called with no valid
object (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Principal_Overlay.pm:321)
[Mon Sep 28 20:27:01 2009] [crit]: RT::Ticket=HASH(0x2ec83530) tried
to load a bogus ticket: 106681 (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:258)

This is a development server so there is no load. I think maybe the
load or memory of the script is growing and causing slowness that
results in a timeout, but I can't say for certain and don't know how
to proceed.

Ideas?