[rt-users] RTFM and a space in my $organization

Sul, Young L Sul at hcp.med.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 30 15:52:56 EDT 2009

Hi!

I've just recently upgraded to RT 3.8.5.

We want to start using RTFM, so I installed it today without any problems (I believe version 2.4.2).

I encounter an error when trying to send a response with an included RTFM article:

Can't call method "Id" on an undefined value at /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-FM/lib/RT/URI/fsck_com_rtfm.pm line 133.

The requestor (and watchers, etc) never get any mail.

Looking through the lists, it *seems* the problem has to do with $Organization. Mine has a space in it (from my RT_SiteConfig.pm):

Set( $rtname, 'FOO-HelpDesk');
Set($Organization , "FOO I.T.");

(This was set long before my time)

So, if the RTFM error is indeed due to the space, what are my options? I did see this article in the wiki:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RenameInstance

but this seems to be related to $rtname and not $Organization.

-y