[rt-users] Different authentication methods for different queues

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:17:58 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Lev Lafayette <lev at vpac.org> wrote:

> We have our rt web interface behind https requiring authentication through LDAP.
>
> However we have certain queues that would like to provide outsiders (that is, people outside our LDAP) to connect to, preferably with a more limited interface. Their authentication could be through something like .htpassword
>
> Has anyone tried anything like this?

If you're achieving your ldap auth via the apache module, it will be
more difficult.  However, if you can use it, the
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth module will allow you to set up multiple
authentication sources.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ExternalAuth

I have it working using two ldap sources.

--
Andy Harrison
public key: 0x67518262