[rt-users] RT E-mail Issue

JEEVAN P K jeevan.pk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:55:47 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have successfully installed RT-3.8 in my office network . But when a user
generate a ticket mail is not receiving.The email server for my domain
resides on yahoo.How to configure RT to use that remote mail server which
requires authentication to send email?Is there any way to specify username
and password in RT_SiteConfig.pm for my smtp server.

I'm using ubuntu 9.04.But I think fetchmail is used to receive emails.but i
want to send email through an external mail server.(ie mail server outside
my network).we are using our mail server hosted in yahoo which doesn't
support relaying.

Regards,
Jeevan