[rt-users] Search results anomaly

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Mon Apr 26 12:14:44 EDT 2010

On 4/26/2010 11:50 AM, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> There is nothing here that indicates a problem. It looks
> like an apples vs. oranges comparison by the time you include
> the actual parameters of the search from the web interface
> and the rt commandline interface and possible privilege and
> ACL differences. You can use DB query logging to figure out

I think my original post is being misinterpreted.  The 'rt'
CLI commands aren't doing a search.  They're just showing
this list's readers that 'foo.com' does show up in each of
the tickets when doing a simple 'rt show <ticket>'.  It's
not a comparison of "CLI search vs. web search".

> what SQL is being used in the web search or the commandline
> rt and compare the output piece-wise to put yourself at ease.
> Maybe look at the individual components of each of the two
> tickets, as well.

When viewing the tickets using 'Full headers" and then
"Ctrl-F" to examine every instance of 'foo.com' in each ticket
shows that both tickets have the 'foo.com' in text/html parts
(and only there).

Ticket 23 has 67 of those parts and is returned when RT searching
for 'foo.com'

Ticket 39 has 1 of those parts and is not returned when RT searching
for 'foo.com'

By "DB query logging" do you mean Set($StatementLog, "DEBUG");
or something?

Thanks for the reply, Ken

Jeff