[rt-users] Search results anomaly

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Mon Apr 26 17:04:15 EDT 2010

I am not certain what to do. For myself, I would turn on
SQL statement logging within the database. Set:

log_min_duration_statement = 0

in your postgresql.conf for the database and run both
queries in RT. Then turn it back done and pick apart the
query results to see if the problem is a logic problem or
possibly an encoding issue which results in "equal" items
not showing as "equal". Also, it looks like you are just
starting with such a low ticket number, but if you plan
on using full content searches for any large-ish amount
of data you should really plan on using the full-text index
support for PostgreSQL/RT that is described in the wiki.
Speaking as one whose database was brought to its knees by
some creative data mining. :)

Good luck and let us know what you find to be the cause.
Regards,

Ken