[rt-users] Autoreply to requestor not working

Christopher Kunz chrislist at de-punkt.de
Wed Aug 25 05:46:50 EDT 2010

 Am 24.08.2010 15:37, schrieb Kevin Falcone:
> My approach would be fixing qmail, rather than removing RT's bounce
> handling.

True - I analyzed the underlying problem and it turned out that our mail
server cluster was using 2 different versions of maildrop:
- 1.5.2 did not modify the Return-Path in any way
- 2.0.4 changed the Return-Path of filtered mails to <> / Envelope-From
to MAILER-DAEMON

A weird behavior indeed. I'll have to investigate this further.

Regards,

--ck