[rt-users] Possible to downgrade DB from 3.8 to 3.6?

John Arends jarends at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 13 11:26:37 EST 2010

I don't understand people's desire to use 3rd party RT packages. You're
then at the mercy of the packager, and it makes it harder to fix
problems and apply upgrades when new RT releases come out.

It's better to learn the internals of RT and deal with its
idiosyncrasies than to use a package you find somewhere. They're almost
always extremely outdated, and require quite a bit of configuration. My
RT setup has enough customizations that I keep track of separately that
fighting with someone's RPM package would end up costing me far more
time that it'd save.

Don't get me wrong, I'd *LOVE* *LOVE* *LOVE it if Best Practical
official had RPMs available and would use them in a heartbeat, it would
make my life easier, and make me a happier person as well as make RT
easier to maintain, but 3rd party RPMs are annoying. Don't use them,
just install RT per the instructions.

3.8 is such an improvement over 3.6 if anyone made me go back I'd be
very cranky about it.

--
John Arends
jarends at illinois.edu