[rt-users] css page not showing up (wrong mime-type) on login page

Sandro sandro-lists at obsecured.net
Tue Dec 21 15:07:07 EST 2010

Hello all,

I have just setup rt 3.8.8 on FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE.  It is all working
fine (so far anyway, I haven't really setup the queues or groups yet,
and only a couple of test users) except I'm getting caught on the login
page where the CSS is not loading.  This turns out to be an issue where
the mime-type is not being set correctly.  I've observed this on a
handful of different browsers ranging from mac's to windows to linux.
Searches haven't found much for me thus far, both in this list, and
google in general.

I've verified httpd.conf, I've added "AddType text/css .css" although I
don't see this problem for other webapps.  I'm using mod_perl2 (perl
5.12) on Apache 2.2.  I've also set the loglevel to debug and I see
nothing in particular in both the access and error logs for this vhost,
or the main access/error logs for apache.  If anyone has suggestions on
what I can do to resolve this, or what else I can look at, it would be
great.  Last thing, The only dependencies the rt script complains about
when I check for them iare the ones required for standalone server,
which I'm not using.  Some details below:

What the error says:

Error: The stylesheet http://fqdn/NoAuth/css/web2/main-squished.css was
not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
Source File: http://support.netwits.ca/
Line: 0

Error: The stylesheet http://fqdn/NoAuth/css/print.css was not loaded
because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
Source File: http://support.netwits.ca/
Line: 0

Error: syntax error
Source File: http://FQDN/NoAuth/js/util.js
Line: 2
Source Code:
<!DOCTYPE html

[several more "syntax errors" for other JS components]

Error: doOnLoad is not defined
Source File: http://support.netwits.ca/
Line: 24

What happens:

the login page looks like... well, you can imagine what it looks like
with no CSS loaded.  Oddly enough, once I login, everything looks fine,
and as long as it's cached, it then works fine if I logout and login again.

Again, I have to stress this, this is ONLY on login, and if it is not
cached.