[rt-users] transferring tickets between RT instances

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 4 04:59:57 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:22:23AM +0000, Ray Horne wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a utility to transfer all the tickets
> from a particular queue in one RT instance to another queue in a
> different instance on a different server?

I have an outstanding task to do this for a few of our queues, to
support a project which has moved away from our department.

I was originally going to hack rt2tort3 and do this as part of our
rt2 to rt3 migration, but I didn't want to ship them the whole dump.

Instead I found <http://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/rt/Import+and+Export>
which looks suitable for both my and your purposes, but I have not
yet got round to trying it out.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team