[rt-users] Very slow ticket search creation/edit screen 3.8.4

Justin Hayes justin.hayes at orbisuk.com
Mon Feb 15 11:30:32 EST 2010

On one of our RT installs it's taking 40secs to render the 'Add Criteria' section of the 'New Search' page (or the edit search screen for that matter).

I've narrowed it down to the Owner dropdown. All the time is going to render that. Now the users of this RT allow pretty much anyone (staff and customers) to be ticket owners, so this list is rather long. However this seems like an awfully long time to get a list of owners.

I assume it's doing permissions checks.I tried giving the 'privileged user'  group 'Own Ticket' permissions to see if that remove the need for all the checking and speed things up, but it didn't help.

We're using 3.8.4

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Hayes