[rt-users] Possible gotcha's as company merges.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Wed Jan 6 18:34:00 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 12:11 +1300, Aaron Guise wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The company I work for has been bought out/merged into another
> company, or will be as of 1st March 2010.
>
> I obviously will need to change the rtname and Organisation values at
> that time.
>
> Set($rtname , "Sitel SR");

You may also need to change $EmailSubjectTagRegex so emails with the old
$rtname will match to the correct tickets.

If you will also be changing your RT email addresses or domain name, you
may also need to change the $RTAddressRegexp variable as well.

> Set($Organization , "ham.sitel.co.nz");

Changing $Organization will break ticket links for all current tickets
in your DB, unless you can figure out a way to modify the RT DB to match
the change I suppose.