[rt-users] Authentication Question

Tobias Pfeiffer tgpfeiffer at web.de
Mon Jan 11 07:40:35 EST 2010

Hi!

On Montag, 11. Januar 2010 13:07:25 Mark Farrington wrote:
> What I ideally want to do is restrict most of our queues to 'LDAP users
> only', but be able to have a 'public queue' also - is there any way to
>  do this within the ExternalAuth extension, without manually adding all
>  of my LDAP users to a group within the RT system???

At least at my place, users that are created in the database from LDAP
have
  username=uid, realname=cn, email=mail,
hereas users that are autocreated from email have
  username=email, realname=name (where possible), email=email.

If that's similar at your place, you could maybe do some hack to deny
access for users who have an "@" in their username or so? :-) Or have some
database trigger that does some "fancy stuff", depending on where the users
come from?

Bye
Tobias